N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund
Before applying for the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund™ either in person or online, you should complete the eligibility questionaire. You may be eligible if:
- you own the home, the home is in North Carolina, and the home is your primary residence.
- you currently owe no more than $300,000 on all your mortgages. Check with your lender to find out your balance
- you have lost your job or experienced a reduction in income through no fault of your own, or are facing a temporary financial hardship such as a divorce, serious illness, or death of a co-signor and need to find new employment.
- you experienced your job loss or temporary financial hardship after January 1, 2008.
- you have an acceptable mortgage payment history prior to your recent unemployment or income loss.
- you demonstrate an ability to resume your mortgage payment once assistance ends.
- you are a legal U.S. resident.
In addition to these eligibility requirements, the Agency will consider other factors when approving applicants for the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund™.
Find out if you are eligible to apply for the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund™.
State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project
If you are facing foreclosure for any reason and you have received a 45-day, pre-foreclosure notice, you may be eligible for assistance from the State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project. There are no credit restrictions for this help. If you have received a foreclosure help letter from the N.C. Housing Finance Agency, call 1-888-442-8188.