Am I Eligible To Apply For NC Foreclosure Prevention?
NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund
Before applying for the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund either in person or online, you should complete the eligibility questionaire as the homeowner. You may be eligible to apply for foreclosure prevention home payments if:
- you own the home, the home is in North Carolina, and the home is your primary residence.
- you currently owe no more than $300,000 on all your mortgages. Check with your lender to find out your balance
- you have lost your job or experienced a reduction in income or pay through no fault of your own, or are facing a temporary financial hardship such as a divorce, serious health problems or illness, or death of a co-signer and need to find new employment or are temporarily unemployed after a natural disaster.
- you experienced your job loss or temporary financial hardship or were honorably discharged from the military after January 1, 2008.
- you are re-employed or have secured a fixed income after an eligible hardship but are earning less and unable to afford your mortgage payment.
- you have an acceptable mortgage payment history prior to your recent unemployment or income loss.
- you are a legal U.S. resident.
In addition to these eligibility requirements, the Agency will consider other factors when approving applicants for the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund.
Find out if you are eligible to apply for the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund.
State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project
If you are facing foreclosure for any reason and you have received a 45-day, pre-foreclosure notice, you may be eligible for assistance from the State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project. There are no credit restrictions for this help. If you have received a foreclosure help letter from the N.C. Housing Finance Agency, call 1-888-442-8188.