The NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund is offered by the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency, a self-supporting state agency, using funds provided by the U.S. Treasury.
Help - Site Navigation
The NC Foreclosure Prevention website is organized into seven areas:
How do I quickly learn what the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund has to offer?
Some of the program details seem confusing to me. How do I get help understanding these?
Who do I contact for more information?
- WHAT WE OFFER describes the programs we offer to help struggling homeowners pay their mortgage and prevent foreclosure on their home. It includes details on how the application and approval process works.
- AM I ELIGIBLE gives basic eligibility requirements and has a tool, or questionnaire, to help you determine if you may be eligible for one of our programs.
- HOW DO I GET HELP contains the telephone number you can call to reach our call center and a map that shows all 100 North Carolina counties with links to the locations and telephone numbers of our partner counseling agencies statewide.
Click on your county, and a pop-up will give a list of agencies near you.
- HOME SAVER BLOG will introduce you to news, information, updates, events and statistics from the North Carolina Foreclosure Prevention Fund in North Carolina.
- RESOURCES and TIPS has the following: lists of foreclosure help call centers; links to state and federal foreclosure help websites; and links to help you contact one of our partner counseling agencies or another HUD-approved counseling agency.
- ABOUT US explains who the NC Housing Finance Agency is and how the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund is funded by the U.S. Treasury’s Hardest Hit Fund.
- Speak with a trained professional at our call center by dialing 1-888-623-8631.
- Go to the map under How Do I Get Help to click on your county and see a list of partner counseling agencies.
- Go to Contact Us for complete contact information—phone, address, and e-mail.
- For specific questions about how the website works, contact our webmaster at .